For the past two days, users are able to see this image, of the images hosted via the most popular image host, imageshack.us. This might be because of the increasing bandwidth costs due to huge amount of users uploading images for free. ImageShack.us probably, would have run out of ideas to control the bandwidth. So, it is now following the route of TinyPic, which once was the best host, now the worst image host. Imageshack made some recent changes to its image hosting process.
Here's the quick look on the changes made my ImageShack,
- Images can be uploaded by a non-registered user, but cant use it unless the user is registered.
i.e, only Registered users can upload images and host them.
Images hosted on your site, must be registered to imageshack, to avoid getting the error " Unregistered Domain". To overcome this problem, please follow these steps:
- Go to http://www.imageshack.us
- Sign in, if you have a account, or else register for a new one. Its very fast and easy.
- Go to the following link
- And fill in the details, provide your site, in which you use ImageShack.us images and its short description. and enter the Captcha and click on "Send E-Mail".
- Your website will be reviewed by ImageShack.us authorities and your images will be seen as it was in past.
- Remember, your images are not deleted from ImageShack.us servers, it is just blocked, because of your unregistered website.
Disadvantages due to this new feature :
Users posting in Forums, Multi posting websites will be affected and will not be able to use their images in those sites. But, if the Forum/Website's domain is registered with ImageShack, then it will not be a problem for users.
Users can aslo opt for other best image hosts, which are free, like